- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Mendelssohn Club helps Artists’ Ensemble
Crew members from Artists’ Ensemble’s production of Steve Martin’s The Underpants are using the garage at the Emerson House, 420 N. Main St., to construct sets for the Sept. 10-26 show, courtesy of the Mendelssohn Club. Because of cost-cutting efforts at Rockford College and with the ensemble, sets are being constructed here and rehearsals are being held at Rockford’s Unitarian Universalist Church. Shows are held at Rockford College at 8 p.m., Fridays, 4 and 8 p.m., Saturdays and 2 p.m., Sundays. There is one discounted Thursday performance in the second week of the run for each production, and those shows start at 7:30 p.m. Crew members Angelo O’Dierno (left) and Steve Burnside say The Underpants, is a great show. Be sure to go!