- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Mendelssohn Club helps Artists’ Ensemble
Crew members from Artists’ Ensemble’s production of Steve Martin’s The Underpants are using the garage at the Emerson House, 420 N. Main St., to construct sets for the Sept. 10-26 show, courtesy of the Mendelssohn Club. Because of cost-cutting efforts at Rockford College and with the ensemble, sets are being constructed here and rehearsals are being held at Rockford’s Unitarian Universalist Church. Shows are held at Rockford College at 8 p.m., Fridays, 4 and 8 p.m., Saturdays and 2 p.m., Sundays. There is one discounted Thursday performance in the second week of the run for each production, and those shows start at 7:30 p.m. Crew members Angelo O’Dierno (left) and Steve Burnside say The Underpants, is a great show. Be sure to go!