- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Mendelssohn Club helps Artists’ Ensemble
Crew members from Artists’ Ensemble’s production of Steve Martin’s The Underpants are using the garage at the Emerson House, 420 N. Main St., to construct sets for the Sept. 10-26 show, courtesy of the Mendelssohn Club. Because of cost-cutting efforts at Rockford College and with the ensemble, sets are being constructed here and rehearsals are being held at Rockford’s Unitarian Universalist Church. Shows are held at Rockford College at 8 p.m., Fridays, 4 and 8 p.m., Saturdays and 2 p.m., Sundays. There is one discounted Thursday performance in the second week of the run for each production, and those shows start at 7:30 p.m. Crew members Angelo O’Dierno (left) and Steve Burnside say The Underpants, is a great show. Be sure to go!