- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
TIF districts to be discussed at Sept. 2 Libertarians meeting
From press release
The Rockford Area Libertarians meeting Thursday, Sept. 2, will feature a discussion of TIF (tax increment fininancing) districts and related issues with Jim Phelps, Midtown District president, and Paul Gorski, Winnebago County Board member (D-5). Other elected officials and the public are invited.
Meeting starts at 7 p.m. in the banquet room at Villa Di Roma Restaurant, 11th Street and Harrison Avenue. Arrive early to order food. Anyone interested is welcome for friendly political conversation.
From the Aug. 25-31, 2010 issue