- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
- Aaron Rodgers has Jay Cutler’s back, even if the Bears don’t
- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
TIF districts to be discussed at Sept. 2 Libertarians meeting
From press release
The Rockford Area Libertarians meeting Thursday, Sept. 2, will feature a discussion of TIF (tax increment fininancing) districts and related issues with Jim Phelps, Midtown District president, and Paul Gorski, Winnebago County Board member (D-5). Other elected officials and the public are invited.
Meeting starts at 7 p.m. in the banquet room at Villa Di Roma Restaurant, 11th Street and Harrison Avenue. Arrive early to order food. Anyone interested is welcome for friendly political conversation.
From the Aug. 25-31, 2010 issue