- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
TIF districts to be discussed at Sept. 2 Libertarians meeting
From press release
The Rockford Area Libertarians meeting Thursday, Sept. 2, will feature a discussion of TIF (tax increment fininancing) districts and related issues with Jim Phelps, Midtown District president, and Paul Gorski, Winnebago County Board member (D-5). Other elected officials and the public are invited.
Meeting starts at 7 p.m. in the banquet room at Villa Di Roma Restaurant, 11th Street and Harrison Avenue. Arrive early to order food. Anyone interested is welcome for friendly political conversation.
From the Aug. 25-31, 2010 issue