- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
TIF districts to be discussed at Sept. 2 Libertarians meeting
From press release
The Rockford Area Libertarians meeting Thursday, Sept. 2, will feature a discussion of TIF (tax increment fininancing) districts and related issues with Jim Phelps, Midtown District president, and Paul Gorski, Winnebago County Board member (D-5). Other elected officials and the public are invited.
Meeting starts at 7 p.m. in the banquet room at Villa Di Roma Restaurant, 11th Street and Harrison Avenue. Arrive early to order food. Anyone interested is welcome for friendly political conversation.
From the Aug. 25-31, 2010 issue