- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
TIF districts to be discussed at Sept. 2 Libertarians meeting
From press release
The Rockford Area Libertarians meeting Thursday, Sept. 2, will feature a discussion of TIF (tax increment fininancing) districts and related issues with Jim Phelps, Midtown District president, and Paul Gorski, Winnebago County Board member (D-5). Other elected officials and the public are invited.
Meeting starts at 7 p.m. in the banquet room at Villa Di Roma Restaurant, 11th Street and Harrison Avenue. Arrive early to order food. Anyone interested is welcome for friendly political conversation.
From the Aug. 25-31, 2010 issue