- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
To the Editor: The struggle for power and oil
Ever since Sept. 11, 2001, the attacks upon America, our soldiers have been fighting the longest war ever! But I believe wholeheartedly that President G. W. Bush did, in fact, start an undeclared and senseless war (so far, 12,001 unto 2010). But we have a new president (somewhat new) in office. He carried on where his predecessor left off (President G.W. Bush—eight years). But, instead of bringing home all of our troops out of one nightmarish war, he purposely looked the other way, while many people have continued (as usual) to be killed. All because President Bush hated Saddam Hussein!
And now America might be in graver danger because Iran’s president has given our president an ultimatum (a choice) “That if President Barack Obama doesn’t withdraw the troops (out of Iraq) by the date of Dec. 31, 2011, we (Iran) will attack America!” But they will not come against us. Why? Because Iran’s leaders (M.A. and I.C.) will be too busy, gloating and laughing about the fact that they had bluffed our president, Obama, out of Iraq!
Philip J. Wilson
From the Aug. 25-31, 2010 issue