- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
To the Editor: The struggle for power and oil
Ever since Sept. 11, 2001, the attacks upon America, our soldiers have been fighting the longest war ever! But I believe wholeheartedly that President G. W. Bush did, in fact, start an undeclared and senseless war (so far, 12,001 unto 2010). But we have a new president (somewhat new) in office. He carried on where his predecessor left off (President G.W. Bush—eight years). But, instead of bringing home all of our troops out of one nightmarish war, he purposely looked the other way, while many people have continued (as usual) to be killed. All because President Bush hated Saddam Hussein!
And now America might be in graver danger because Iran’s president has given our president an ultimatum (a choice) “That if President Barack Obama doesn’t withdraw the troops (out of Iraq) by the date of Dec. 31, 2011, we (Iran) will attack America!” But they will not come against us. Why? Because Iran’s leaders (M.A. and I.C.) will be too busy, gloating and laughing about the fact that they had bluffed our president, Obama, out of Iraq!
Philip J. Wilson
From the Aug. 25-31, 2010 issue