- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
- Forest-preserve sex sting nets 10
Community news and notes: Week of Sept. 1-7, 2010
Rockford native John Kirksey was recently named president of the National Multicultural Institute, which serves and counsels government, corporate and not-for-profit agencies on diversity and multicultural issues. Kirksey is a 1963 graduate of Rockford’s Auburn High School, and becomes just the second president in the institute’s 27-year history. Previously, Kirksey was senior vice president and chief diversity/inclusion officer for AXA Equitable. … The Rockford Network of Professional Women (RNPW) recently elected officers for 2010-2011. Incoming officers included: President Karen Anderson; Vice President Tonya Thayer; Secretary Barb Giolitto; and Treasurer Mary Jo Hare. Through monthly meetings and a scholarship program, RNPW provides its forum to offer encouragement, support and opportunity for women as they develop their carrier and civic or personal pursuits. … Dr. Heather Barrett recently joined the Crusader Community Health Women’s Health Services on Broadway in Rockford. Her specialty is high-risk obstetrics. Crusader Community Health is a community-based, not-for-profit Illinois corporation that serves the Rock River Valley with primary health care for people in need.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the Sept. 1-7, 2010 issue