- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
- RAMP receives $10,000 grant for youth services
- Obamacare victory shows failure of Scalia’s conservative revolution
- City Market: June 26
- BREAKING: Rauner vetoes state budget
Diabetes Support Group meets at OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center
From press release
The next OSF Diabetes Support Group meeting is scheduled for 6:30 p.m., Wednesday, Sept. 8, in the St. Francis Room at OSF St. Anthony Medical Center. Titled, “Who’s in Charge—You or the Diabetes?”, the meeting is free and open to the public. Reservations are not required.
For more information, call the OSF Saint Anthony Diabetes Education Center at (815) 395-5159.
The OSF Saint Anthony Diabetes Education Center has achieved re-certification for Disease-Specific Care from the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) and was awarded the Gold Seal of Approval. OSF Saint Anthony was the second health care facility in the state of Illinois to earn disease-specific JCAHO certification for diabetes.
OSF Saint Anthony is the only Rockford medical center to earn the elite Magnet designation for nursing excellence. It is the highest award for nursing available in the United States.
OSF St. Anthony Medical Center has achieved Magnet recognition for the second time, an accomplishment achieved by only 2 percent of the hospitals nationwide.
Magnet is a designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) that recognizes excellence in nursing practice and quality patient care. It is the highest award for nursing available in the United States.
The Medical Center website is www.osfsaintanthony.org.
From the Sept. 1-7, 2010 issue