- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Downtown venues offer First Fridays Sept. 3
From press release
The Element’s First Fridays event from 5 to 9 p.m., Friday, Sept. 3, includes the following:
JR Kortman Gallery: 107 N. Main St.—Featured art: Michelle Dorr’s Colorful “Happy Hour!”.
EVAP (Emerging Visual Artists Project) Gallery at Kryptonite: 308 W. State St.—Juried EVAP show for September upstairs: The Green Light Show. Official opening reception is Sept. 10, but work will be on display for First Fridays.
Prairie Street Gallery: 200 Prairie St.—Theme: Founding Artists Show: Artists that came together to form the “Art Matters” Artists’ Cooperative at the Prairie Street Gallery will all be showing work in this collaborative show.
Tom Littrell Studios: 317 Market St.—The gallery will feature paintings and mixed media by Tom Littrell.
Swank Boutique & Gallery: 218 1/2 E. State St.—Features the following artists: Bill Dorn, Groovy Again/Jackie Gonzales, Roxxi Recycles/Rose Havens, Valerie Lemen, LeeLoo LeVay, Cara Martin, Michael Smuck, Meg Turley, Tom Valiulis and Susannah Wilson.
Kryptonite: 308 W. State St. The Sensations, 9 p.m. Info: (815) 965-0931 or kryptonitebar.com.
Irish Rose Saloon: 519 E. State St.
For more information, a schedule or links to these venues, visit firstfridaysrockford.com.
From the Sept. 1-7, 2010 issue