- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
- Freshmen in Rockford schools beat state average in ‘on track’ to graduate
- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
Downtown venues offer First Fridays Sept. 3
From press release
The Element’s First Fridays event from 5 to 9 p.m., Friday, Sept. 3, includes the following:
JR Kortman Gallery: 107 N. Main St.—Featured art: Michelle Dorr’s Colorful “Happy Hour!”.
EVAP (Emerging Visual Artists Project) Gallery at Kryptonite: 308 W. State St.—Juried EVAP show for September upstairs: The Green Light Show. Official opening reception is Sept. 10, but work will be on display for First Fridays.
Prairie Street Gallery: 200 Prairie St.—Theme: Founding Artists Show: Artists that came together to form the “Art Matters” Artists’ Cooperative at the Prairie Street Gallery will all be showing work in this collaborative show.
Tom Littrell Studios: 317 Market St.—The gallery will feature paintings and mixed media by Tom Littrell.
Swank Boutique & Gallery: 218 1/2 E. State St.—Features the following artists: Bill Dorn, Groovy Again/Jackie Gonzales, Roxxi Recycles/Rose Havens, Valerie Lemen, LeeLoo LeVay, Cara Martin, Michael Smuck, Meg Turley, Tom Valiulis and Susannah Wilson.
Kryptonite: 308 W. State St. The Sensations, 9 p.m. Info: (815) 965-0931 or kryptonitebar.com.
Irish Rose Saloon: 519 E. State St.
For more information, a schedule or links to these venues, visit firstfridaysrockford.com.
From the Sept. 1-7, 2010 issue