- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
Downtown venues offer First Fridays Sept. 3
From press release
The Element’s First Fridays event from 5 to 9 p.m., Friday, Sept. 3, includes the following:
JR Kortman Gallery: 107 N. Main St.—Featured art: Michelle Dorr’s Colorful “Happy Hour!”.
EVAP (Emerging Visual Artists Project) Gallery at Kryptonite: 308 W. State St.—Juried EVAP show for September upstairs: The Green Light Show. Official opening reception is Sept. 10, but work will be on display for First Fridays.
Prairie Street Gallery: 200 Prairie St.—Theme: Founding Artists Show: Artists that came together to form the “Art Matters” Artists’ Cooperative at the Prairie Street Gallery will all be showing work in this collaborative show.
Tom Littrell Studios: 317 Market St.—The gallery will feature paintings and mixed media by Tom Littrell.
Swank Boutique & Gallery: 218 1/2 E. State St.—Features the following artists: Bill Dorn, Groovy Again/Jackie Gonzales, Roxxi Recycles/Rose Havens, Valerie Lemen, LeeLoo LeVay, Cara Martin, Michael Smuck, Meg Turley, Tom Valiulis and Susannah Wilson.
Kryptonite: 308 W. State St. The Sensations, 9 p.m. Info: (815) 965-0931 or kryptonitebar.com.
Irish Rose Saloon: 519 E. State St.
For more information, a schedule or links to these venues, visit firstfridaysrockford.com.
From the Sept. 1-7, 2010 issue