- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
Get trained with Red Cross in September
From press release
The American Red Cross has several upcoming classes in September. It is a great time for residents throughout the Rock River Valley to familiarize themselves with programs and services offered by our local chapter.
Classes available in September
Adult CPR/AED: Tuesday, Sept. 21 from 5-10 p.m. (Belvidere)
First Aid: Wednesday, Sept. 15 from 6-10 p.m. (Rockford)
First Aid and Adult CPR/AED: Wednesday/Thursday, Sept. 8 & 9 from 6-10 p.m. (Rockford)
First Aid and Infant/Child CPR/AED: Saturday, Sept. 11 from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. (Rockford)
CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer: Saturday, Sept. 25 from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (Rockford)
Babysitter’s Training: Saturday, Sept. 18 from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. (Belvidere)
Lay Responder First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor Course (Includes full basic course and FIT): Wednesday/Thursday, Sept. 29 & 30 from 6-10 p.m.
Pre-registration and pre-payment are required. Individuals can register online, by phone, or by visiting the office at 727 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61103.
For more information about course offerings, call the Rock River Chapter at (815) 963-8471 or visit: rockriver.redcross.org.
From the Sept. 1-7, 2010 issue