- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
Get trained with Red Cross in September
From press release
The American Red Cross has several upcoming classes in September. It is a great time for residents throughout the Rock River Valley to familiarize themselves with programs and services offered by our local chapter.
Classes available in September
Adult CPR/AED: Tuesday, Sept. 21 from 5-10 p.m. (Belvidere)
First Aid: Wednesday, Sept. 15 from 6-10 p.m. (Rockford)
First Aid and Adult CPR/AED: Wednesday/Thursday, Sept. 8 & 9 from 6-10 p.m. (Rockford)
First Aid and Infant/Child CPR/AED: Saturday, Sept. 11 from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. (Rockford)
CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer: Saturday, Sept. 25 from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (Rockford)
Babysitter’s Training: Saturday, Sept. 18 from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. (Belvidere)
Lay Responder First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor Course (Includes full basic course and FIT): Wednesday/Thursday, Sept. 29 & 30 from 6-10 p.m.
Pre-registration and pre-payment are required. Individuals can register online, by phone, or by visiting the office at 727 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61103.
For more information about course offerings, call the Rock River Chapter at (815) 963-8471 or visit: rockriver.redcross.org.
From the Sept. 1-7, 2010 issue