- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
Get trained with Red Cross in September
From press release
The American Red Cross has several upcoming classes in September. It is a great time for residents throughout the Rock River Valley to familiarize themselves with programs and services offered by our local chapter.
Classes available in September
Adult CPR/AED: Tuesday, Sept. 21 from 5-10 p.m. (Belvidere)
First Aid: Wednesday, Sept. 15 from 6-10 p.m. (Rockford)
First Aid and Adult CPR/AED: Wednesday/Thursday, Sept. 8 & 9 from 6-10 p.m. (Rockford)
First Aid and Infant/Child CPR/AED: Saturday, Sept. 11 from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. (Rockford)
CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer: Saturday, Sept. 25 from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (Rockford)
Babysitter’s Training: Saturday, Sept. 18 from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. (Belvidere)
Lay Responder First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor Course (Includes full basic course and FIT): Wednesday/Thursday, Sept. 29 & 30 from 6-10 p.m.
Pre-registration and pre-payment are required. Individuals can register online, by phone, or by visiting the office at 727 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61103.
For more information about course offerings, call the Rock River Chapter at (815) 963-8471 or visit: rockriver.redcross.org.
From the Sept. 1-7, 2010 issue