- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Get trained with Red Cross in September
From press release
The American Red Cross has several upcoming classes in September. It is a great time for residents throughout the Rock River Valley to familiarize themselves with programs and services offered by our local chapter.
Classes available in September
Adult CPR/AED: Tuesday, Sept. 21 from 5-10 p.m. (Belvidere)
First Aid: Wednesday, Sept. 15 from 6-10 p.m. (Rockford)
First Aid and Adult CPR/AED: Wednesday/Thursday, Sept. 8 & 9 from 6-10 p.m. (Rockford)
First Aid and Infant/Child CPR/AED: Saturday, Sept. 11 from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. (Rockford)
CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer: Saturday, Sept. 25 from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (Rockford)
Babysitter’s Training: Saturday, Sept. 18 from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. (Belvidere)
Lay Responder First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor Course (Includes full basic course and FIT): Wednesday/Thursday, Sept. 29 & 30 from 6-10 p.m.
Pre-registration and pre-payment are required. Individuals can register online, by phone, or by visiting the office at 727 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61103.
For more information about course offerings, call the Rock River Chapter at (815) 963-8471 or visit: rockriver.redcross.org.
From the Sept. 1-7, 2010 issue