- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
- TRRT Online Edition | July 29-August 4
- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
Nathan Jalani Taylor offers Sept. 1-5 exhibit
From press release
Rockford native Nathan Jalani Taylor will present new original paintings and prints to purchase and collect at an “Off the Waterfront” art exhibit Wednesday-Sunday, Sept. 1-5, at Studio Works, 323 W. Jefferson St., Rockford. The show will feature Taylor painting live.
Other live entertainment at the show will include Jazzy Soul Art, 7 p.m.-1 a.m., Sept. 1; Afro Beat, 7 p.m.-1 a.m., Sept. 2; Reggae Rhythms, 7 p.m.-1 a.m., Sept. 3; Lyricist Lounge, 1-10 p.m., Sept. 4; and Gospel Inspiration, 1-10 p.m., Sept. 5.
Taylor is a visual artist, painter, graphic designer and art director. His art graces the cover of Play with the Changes, the latest album by U.K. super-group 4hero, and is featured on the cover of Dr. Richard Iton’s book In Search of the Black Fantastic.
Taylor has shared the stage with musicians and spoken-word artists such as Janelle Monae, Kelly Price, Jon B., Messiah, Glenn Lewis and Autumn Rowe, freestyle painting at concerts, open mic events, and parties throughout the country.
Learn more about Taylor by visiting his website at nathanjalanitaylor.com.
From the Sept. 1-7, 2010 issue