- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Nathan Jalani Taylor offers Sept. 1-5 exhibit
From press release
Rockford native Nathan Jalani Taylor will present new original paintings and prints to purchase and collect at an “Off the Waterfront” art exhibit Wednesday-Sunday, Sept. 1-5, at Studio Works, 323 W. Jefferson St., Rockford. The show will feature Taylor painting live.
Other live entertainment at the show will include Jazzy Soul Art, 7 p.m.-1 a.m., Sept. 1; Afro Beat, 7 p.m.-1 a.m., Sept. 2; Reggae Rhythms, 7 p.m.-1 a.m., Sept. 3; Lyricist Lounge, 1-10 p.m., Sept. 4; and Gospel Inspiration, 1-10 p.m., Sept. 5.
Taylor is a visual artist, painter, graphic designer and art director. His art graces the cover of Play with the Changes, the latest album by U.K. super-group 4hero, and is featured on the cover of Dr. Richard Iton’s book In Search of the Black Fantastic.
Taylor has shared the stage with musicians and spoken-word artists such as Janelle Monae, Kelly Price, Jon B., Messiah, Glenn Lewis and Autumn Rowe, freestyle painting at concerts, open mic events, and parties throughout the country.
Learn more about Taylor by visiting his website at nathanjalanitaylor.com.
From the Sept. 1-7, 2010 issue