- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
Nathan Jalani Taylor offers Sept. 1-5 exhibit
From press release
Rockford native Nathan Jalani Taylor will present new original paintings and prints to purchase and collect at an “Off the Waterfront” art exhibit Wednesday-Sunday, Sept. 1-5, at Studio Works, 323 W. Jefferson St., Rockford. The show will feature Taylor painting live.
Other live entertainment at the show will include Jazzy Soul Art, 7 p.m.-1 a.m., Sept. 1; Afro Beat, 7 p.m.-1 a.m., Sept. 2; Reggae Rhythms, 7 p.m.-1 a.m., Sept. 3; Lyricist Lounge, 1-10 p.m., Sept. 4; and Gospel Inspiration, 1-10 p.m., Sept. 5.
Taylor is a visual artist, painter, graphic designer and art director. His art graces the cover of Play with the Changes, the latest album by U.K. super-group 4hero, and is featured on the cover of Dr. Richard Iton’s book In Search of the Black Fantastic.
Taylor has shared the stage with musicians and spoken-word artists such as Janelle Monae, Kelly Price, Jon B., Messiah, Glenn Lewis and Autumn Rowe, freestyle painting at concerts, open mic events, and parties throughout the country.
Learn more about Taylor by visiting his website at nathanjalanitaylor.com.
From the Sept. 1-7, 2010 issue