- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
Ken Nelson Auto Plaza adds Nissan franchise, combines franchises and services
From press release
DIXON, Ill.—Rick Curia, owner of Ken Nelson Auto Group in Dixon, has announced the completion of the purchase of Ken Nelson Auto Mall in Sterling, Ill., from Kenneth A. Nelson.
With this purchase, Curia has acquired the Nissan franchise and will now offer Nissan along with Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, GMC, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Toyota at the dealership’s location on North Galena Avenue in Dixon. The Dixon facility is the only dealership in northern Illinois to offer nine franchises in one location.
As a result of recent changes in the economy, especially the automotive industry, this move will allow Ken Nelson Auto Group to be more competitive in the marketplace and allow the dealership the opportunity to enhance and improve the facilities. Customers have the opportunity to work with the same friendly staff at the new location in Dixon, with an even larger base of knowledge and expertise.
“Having all nine franchises in Dixon will, without a doubt, help us serve our sales and service customers more efficiently, improve our customer satisfaction and overall advance the way we do business,” said owner Rick Curia. “We would like to express our gratitude to the Sauk Valley area for 45 years of support. Without the valued loyalty of our customers, we would not be able to take these steps forward.”
Ken Nelson Auto Group employs more than 100 individuals and strives to provide the Sauk Valley community with the area’s largest selection of new and pre-owned vehicles.
From the Sept. 8-14, 2010 issue