- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
Local Foods Family Picnic Sept. 11 at Pecatonica Wetlands Forest Preserve
From press release
University of Illinois Extension—Winnebago County will host a Local Foods Family Picnic Saturday, Sept. 11. The event will be at the Pecatonica Wetlands Forest Preserve in the new Arrowhead Shelter House. The event will kick off with family activities at 1 p.m., followed at 2 p.m. with a picnic buffet.
Michelle Princer, chef and owner of Toni’s of Winnebago, will cater the event. The menu will feature classic picnic fare including chicken, pork chops, local cheese, fruits and vegetables. The menu is topped with dessert. Soda, beer and wine are available at a cash bar; attendees are welcome to bring beverages from home. Cost is $10 per person.
To register online, visit extension.illinois.edu/winnebago or call (815) 986-4357.
From the Sept. 8-14, 2010 issue