- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Local Foods Family Picnic Sept. 11 at Pecatonica Wetlands Forest Preserve
From press release
University of Illinois Extension—Winnebago County will host a Local Foods Family Picnic Saturday, Sept. 11. The event will be at the Pecatonica Wetlands Forest Preserve in the new Arrowhead Shelter House. The event will kick off with family activities at 1 p.m., followed at 2 p.m. with a picnic buffet.
Michelle Princer, chef and owner of Toni’s of Winnebago, will cater the event. The menu will feature classic picnic fare including chicken, pork chops, local cheese, fruits and vegetables. The menu is topped with dessert. Soda, beer and wine are available at a cash bar; attendees are welcome to bring beverages from home. Cost is $10 per person.
To register online, visit extension.illinois.edu/winnebago or call (815) 986-4357.
From the Sept. 8-14, 2010 issue