- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
- Final City Market of the season Friday, Oct. 17
- Lee Hamilton: Viewing political corruption more broadly
Local Foods Family Picnic Sept. 11 at Pecatonica Wetlands Forest Preserve
From press release
University of Illinois Extension—Winnebago County will host a Local Foods Family Picnic Saturday, Sept. 11. The event will be at the Pecatonica Wetlands Forest Preserve in the new Arrowhead Shelter House. The event will kick off with family activities at 1 p.m., followed at 2 p.m. with a picnic buffet.
Michelle Princer, chef and owner of Toni’s of Winnebago, will cater the event. The menu will feature classic picnic fare including chicken, pork chops, local cheese, fruits and vegetables. The menu is topped with dessert. Soda, beer and wine are available at a cash bar; attendees are welcome to bring beverages from home. Cost is $10 per person.
To register online, visit extension.illinois.edu/winnebago or call (815) 986-4357.
From the Sept. 8-14, 2010 issue