- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
Local Foods Family Picnic Sept. 11 at Pecatonica Wetlands Forest Preserve
From press release
University of Illinois Extension—Winnebago County will host a Local Foods Family Picnic Saturday, Sept. 11. The event will be at the Pecatonica Wetlands Forest Preserve in the new Arrowhead Shelter House. The event will kick off with family activities at 1 p.m., followed at 2 p.m. with a picnic buffet.
Michelle Princer, chef and owner of Toni’s of Winnebago, will cater the event. The menu will feature classic picnic fare including chicken, pork chops, local cheese, fruits and vegetables. The menu is topped with dessert. Soda, beer and wine are available at a cash bar; attendees are welcome to bring beverages from home. Cost is $10 per person.
To register online, visit extension.illinois.edu/winnebago or call (815) 986-4357.
From the Sept. 8-14, 2010 issue