- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Local Foods Family Picnic Sept. 11 at Pecatonica Wetlands Forest Preserve
From press release
University of Illinois Extension—Winnebago County will host a Local Foods Family Picnic Saturday, Sept. 11. The event will be at the Pecatonica Wetlands Forest Preserve in the new Arrowhead Shelter House. The event will kick off with family activities at 1 p.m., followed at 2 p.m. with a picnic buffet.
Michelle Princer, chef and owner of Toni’s of Winnebago, will cater the event. The menu will feature classic picnic fare including chicken, pork chops, local cheese, fruits and vegetables. The menu is topped with dessert. Soda, beer and wine are available at a cash bar; attendees are welcome to bring beverages from home. Cost is $10 per person.
To register online, visit extension.illinois.edu/winnebago or call (815) 986-4357.
From the Sept. 8-14, 2010 issue