- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Music Academy of Rockford College unveils 25th anniversary season
From press release
In honor of its 25th anniversary, the Music Academy of Rockford College plans a special 2010-11 season of concerts it’s calling Bravissima!, featuring academy students and outside musicians. The season lineup follows:
Cellobration!—Celebrate the cello with 10 local cellists performing pieces from Bach to the Beatles. Presented in collaboration with the Rockford College Forum Series.
Sept. 12, 4 p.m., Maddox Theatre. Tickets are $10 and $15. Call the Rockford College box office at (815) 226-4100.
Music on the Midway—Step back in time for a celebration of American musical heritage. Three hundred students of the Academy will perform in multiple venues scattered throughout quaint, historic Midway Village. A performance in the barn by the acoustic string band Sunnyside Up! from Chicago will follow. Oct. 3, 1:30-5 p.m. Call the Music Academy, (815) 226-4168, for information and tickets.
A Return to Wesley Willows—Enjoy performances by Music Academy Suzuki students from age 4 to 18 as part of the Wesley Willows Concert Series. Open to the public. Nov. 9, 7 p.m. Tickets are $7, and seating is limited. Call Wesley Willows at (815) 654-2530.
BOWFIRE!—Be mesmerized by this high-energy fiddle-and-dance ensemble as they rock the Coronado. Music Academy students are the main-stage opening act. Presented by Midway Village Museum Center. March 13, 6 p.m., Coronado Performing Arts Center (CPAC). Call CPAC at (815) 968-0595 for tickets.
Daria Rabotkina!—Music Academy and the Rockford Community Concert Association adopt one another for their respective 75th and 25th anniversary seasons. The culminating event is a concert featuring the young and engaging Russian piano virtuoso, Daria Rabotkina. April 10, 3 p.m. Academy students perform throughout the Coronado Performing Arts Center starting at 2:15 p.m. Call the Music Academy for tickets, (815) 226-4168. Proceeds benefit the Music Academy Foundation.
Travel to the Grand Canyon and the Hopi Indian Nation in June 2011—Music Academy students, family and friends will journey to the Grand Canyon and participate, by special invitation, in a cultural exchange with the Hopi Indians. Performances by Music Academy students in Flagstaff, in the Hopi Nation and on the south rim of the Grand Canyon. Presented in partnership with the Rockford College Alumni Association. June 11-17, 2011. For more information, call the Academy at (815) 226-4168.
From the Sept. 8-14, 2010 issue