- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
- Ribbon-cutting for Children’s Holiday Shoppe Nov. 26; shop is open Nov. 29-Dec. 21
- Rockford Rescue Mission invites community to Thanksgiving banquet Nov. 26
- Rockton’s new business district welcomes family owned Dr. Detail U.S. Cellular
- 2014 Illinois Emerging Writers Competition winners named
- Open house for new library executive director tonight
- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
Music Academy of Rockford College unveils 25th anniversary season
From press release
In honor of its 25th anniversary, the Music Academy of Rockford College plans a special 2010-11 season of concerts it’s calling Bravissima!, featuring academy students and outside musicians. The season lineup follows:
Cellobration!—Celebrate the cello with 10 local cellists performing pieces from Bach to the Beatles. Presented in collaboration with the Rockford College Forum Series.
Sept. 12, 4 p.m., Maddox Theatre. Tickets are $10 and $15. Call the Rockford College box office at (815) 226-4100.
Music on the Midway—Step back in time for a celebration of American musical heritage. Three hundred students of the Academy will perform in multiple venues scattered throughout quaint, historic Midway Village. A performance in the barn by the acoustic string band Sunnyside Up! from Chicago will follow. Oct. 3, 1:30-5 p.m. Call the Music Academy, (815) 226-4168, for information and tickets.
A Return to Wesley Willows—Enjoy performances by Music Academy Suzuki students from age 4 to 18 as part of the Wesley Willows Concert Series. Open to the public. Nov. 9, 7 p.m. Tickets are $7, and seating is limited. Call Wesley Willows at (815) 654-2530.
BOWFIRE!—Be mesmerized by this high-energy fiddle-and-dance ensemble as they rock the Coronado. Music Academy students are the main-stage opening act. Presented by Midway Village Museum Center. March 13, 6 p.m., Coronado Performing Arts Center (CPAC). Call CPAC at (815) 968-0595 for tickets.
Daria Rabotkina!—Music Academy and the Rockford Community Concert Association adopt one another for their respective 75th and 25th anniversary seasons. The culminating event is a concert featuring the young and engaging Russian piano virtuoso, Daria Rabotkina. April 10, 3 p.m. Academy students perform throughout the Coronado Performing Arts Center starting at 2:15 p.m. Call the Music Academy for tickets, (815) 226-4168. Proceeds benefit the Music Academy Foundation.
Travel to the Grand Canyon and the Hopi Indian Nation in June 2011—Music Academy students, family and friends will journey to the Grand Canyon and participate, by special invitation, in a cultural exchange with the Hopi Indians. Performances by Music Academy students in Flagstaff, in the Hopi Nation and on the south rim of the Grand Canyon. Presented in partnership with the Rockford College Alumni Association. June 11-17, 2011. For more information, call the Academy at (815) 226-4168.
From the Sept. 8-14, 2010 issue