- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
- AFSCME, Rauner administration still at odds
- Through the brewing class
- AFSCME: Governor trying to force work stoppage
- What’s to negotiate? Illinois GOP, Dems can’t agree on topic
- Windows users rejoice: Windows 10 fixes what ails you!
- An easy fix to the Cubs scoring woes
- Trump ripped on floor of state House
- Striving to preserve biodiversity
- Happy hour (not so) special
Obituary: Michael Duane Blood
Gadsden, Alabama—Michael Blood, formerly of Loves Park, Ill., and Rockford, Ill., passed away Monday, Aug. 23, 2010. Michael was a Marine who served in the Vietnam War. He was married to Brenda Bouley Blood for almost 41 years. Mike is survived by Brenda; a daughter Kamille (Thomas) Culberson; sons, Jarrod (Deanna) Blood and Justin (Angela) Blood; sisters, Avon (Pat) Sulser, Wendy (Miles) Malachowski, and Lara Blood; brother, Robert (Geri) Blood; stepmother, Aloma Cheshareck; stepfather, Donald Burns, 11 grandchildren; and numerous in-laws, cousins, nieces, nephews, and great-grandchildren. Michael was preceded in death by a brother, Lance Blood; and his parents, Barbara Burns and Robert Blood. The family requests that you consider becoming an organ donor. Mike was a two-time organ recipient.
From the Sept. 8-14, 2010 issue