- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Obituary: Michael Duane Blood
Gadsden, Alabama—Michael Blood, formerly of Loves Park, Ill., and Rockford, Ill., passed away Monday, Aug. 23, 2010. Michael was a Marine who served in the Vietnam War. He was married to Brenda Bouley Blood for almost 41 years. Mike is survived by Brenda; a daughter Kamille (Thomas) Culberson; sons, Jarrod (Deanna) Blood and Justin (Angela) Blood; sisters, Avon (Pat) Sulser, Wendy (Miles) Malachowski, and Lara Blood; brother, Robert (Geri) Blood; stepmother, Aloma Cheshareck; stepfather, Donald Burns, 11 grandchildren; and numerous in-laws, cousins, nieces, nephews, and great-grandchildren. Michael was preceded in death by a brother, Lance Blood; and his parents, Barbara Burns and Robert Blood. The family requests that you consider becoming an organ donor. Mike was a two-time organ recipient.
From the Sept. 8-14, 2010 issue