- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Obituary: Michael Duane Blood
Gadsden, Alabama—Michael Blood, formerly of Loves Park, Ill., and Rockford, Ill., passed away Monday, Aug. 23, 2010. Michael was a Marine who served in the Vietnam War. He was married to Brenda Bouley Blood for almost 41 years. Mike is survived by Brenda; a daughter Kamille (Thomas) Culberson; sons, Jarrod (Deanna) Blood and Justin (Angela) Blood; sisters, Avon (Pat) Sulser, Wendy (Miles) Malachowski, and Lara Blood; brother, Robert (Geri) Blood; stepmother, Aloma Cheshareck; stepfather, Donald Burns, 11 grandchildren; and numerous in-laws, cousins, nieces, nephews, and great-grandchildren. Michael was preceded in death by a brother, Lance Blood; and his parents, Barbara Burns and Robert Blood. The family requests that you consider becoming an organ donor. Mike was a two-time organ recipient.
From the Sept. 8-14, 2010 issue