- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Obituary: Michael Duane Blood
Gadsden, Alabama—Michael Blood, formerly of Loves Park, Ill., and Rockford, Ill., passed away Monday, Aug. 23, 2010. Michael was a Marine who served in the Vietnam War. He was married to Brenda Bouley Blood for almost 41 years. Mike is survived by Brenda; a daughter Kamille (Thomas) Culberson; sons, Jarrod (Deanna) Blood and Justin (Angela) Blood; sisters, Avon (Pat) Sulser, Wendy (Miles) Malachowski, and Lara Blood; brother, Robert (Geri) Blood; stepmother, Aloma Cheshareck; stepfather, Donald Burns, 11 grandchildren; and numerous in-laws, cousins, nieces, nephews, and great-grandchildren. Michael was preceded in death by a brother, Lance Blood; and his parents, Barbara Burns and Robert Blood. The family requests that you consider becoming an organ donor. Mike was a two-time organ recipient.
From the Sept. 8-14, 2010 issue