- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
- ‘Hogs fall just shy of Midwest title
- Fork and Stein Urban Gourmet delivers beer infused delicacies to Rockford
Community news and notes: Week of Sept. 15-21, 2010
Janet Phelps, co-owner of Phoenix Traders, recently donated books, school supplies, art supplies and craft supplies to the San Pedro Town Public Library in San Pedro, Belize. Phelps has also donated supplies to “Be Kind Belize,” an organization that teaches children to be kind to animals, nature and to all the diverse people and cultures in Belize. Phelps presented the donations to the library Aug. 22. … Saint Anthony College of Nursing recently announced the addition of two new faculty members. Christine Lepianka, MS, RN, will serve as an instructor in Maternal Child Nursing. She earned her master of science in nursing education from Northern Illinois University in DeKalb, Ill., and her bachelor of science in nursing degree from the Saint Anthony College of Nursing. Previously, Lepianka served on the Maternal-Child Unit at Centegra Memorial Medical Center in Woodstock, Ill. Sally O’Meara, MSN, RN, will serve as an instructor in and coordinator for the Skills and Simulation Lab. She earned her master of science in nursing education degree and BSN from Oakland University in Rochester, Mich. Previously, O’Meara served as adjunct faculty in the Rock Valley College Nursing Program and as a special lecturer for Oakland University School of Nursing. … Lori Wallace was promoted to marketing communications specialist at KMK Media Group, Inc., a full-service advertising agency in Rockford. Wallace will aid in event planning, media buying, public relations and developing creative concepts. She also will be responsible for the monitoring and oversight of all social media accounts for KMK clients.
From the Sept. 15-21, 2010 issue