- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
IceHogs begin preseason Sept. 28 at MetroCentre
By Doug Halberstadt
Now that the professional football season has begun, can the start of the professional hockey season be far behind? The Rockford IceHogs of the American Hockey League (AHL) begin their season in earnest in less than one month. Their preseason begins in less than two weeks.
The ’Hogs’ first regular-season game is Saturday evening, Oct. 9, at the Rockford MetroCentre. The game is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. against the visiting Moose from Manitoba. The first 5,000 fans will get a free 2010-11 magnet schedule.
Rockford will have four pre-season games to prepare for their opening game. Their pre-season schedule includes two home games and two road games. The first game is at home Tuesday night, Sept. 28, against one of their in-state rivals, the Peoria Rivermen. That game will start at 6:35 p.m.
The following evening, Wednesday, Sept. 29, the ’Hogs will be on the road to take on their other in-state rivals, the Chicago Wolves. Game time is 7:30 p.m. Rockford will travel to Rolling Meadows to take on the Wolves at West Meadows Ice Arena.
The IceHogs will then host the Milwaukee Admirals in their second home pre-season contest in 2010 Friday, Oct. 1, at 7:05 p.m. Both preseason games are free for full season and 20-pack season ticket-holders.
They will close out their preseason on the road. Rockford will load up the bus and head down to Peoria to face the Rivermen Saturday night, Oct. 2, at 7 p.m.
Tickets for both of Rockford’s preseason games are $5, and can be purchased over the phone at (815) 968-5222, online at metrocentre.com or at the MetroCentre Box Office between noon and 5 p.m., Monday-Friday.
Doug Halberstadt can be reached via e-mail at Dougster61@aol.com.
From the Sept. 15-21, 2010 issue