- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
Sept. 19 Irish Fest benefits St. Bridget’s Cupboard
From press release
LOVES PARK, Ill.—St. Bridget’s Church is hosting its first Irish Fest from noon to 7 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 19, on the parish grounds at 600 Clifford Ave., Loves Park.
Proceeds from Irish Fest will benefit the church’s outreach program, focusing on the newly-opened food pantry, St. Bridget’s Cupboard, inside the parish center. Fest activities include food, rides and children’s games, Irish store, Irish tea room, entertainment, beer garden, bingo and raffle. Admission is free.
St. Bridget’s Cupboard serves the parish and local community. The pantry is open to all who are in need of food. Call Theresa Marotta at (815) 877-1664 for more information or to make a donation. Monetary and food donations are always welcome.
For more information about Irish Fest or to volunteer to work at the fest, call Ed or Vicky Grondzki at (815) 985-1272 or the parish office at (815) 633-6311.
From the Sept. 15-21, 2010 issue