- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
- Rockford’s E. Faye Butler to perform at Ten Chimneys in Wisconsin
- Stockholm Inn to be honored by Illinois Office of Tourism
- Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office to be out in force during Thanksgiving holiday
- Wallace co-sponsors bill to increase minimum wage
- Stadelman’s measure to prevent layoffs passes state Senate
- More than 46 million Americans to travel for Thanksgiving, most since 2007
Sept. 19 Irish Fest benefits St. Bridget’s Cupboard
From press release
LOVES PARK, Ill.—St. Bridget’s Church is hosting its first Irish Fest from noon to 7 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 19, on the parish grounds at 600 Clifford Ave., Loves Park.
Proceeds from Irish Fest will benefit the church’s outreach program, focusing on the newly-opened food pantry, St. Bridget’s Cupboard, inside the parish center. Fest activities include food, rides and children’s games, Irish store, Irish tea room, entertainment, beer garden, bingo and raffle. Admission is free.
St. Bridget’s Cupboard serves the parish and local community. The pantry is open to all who are in need of food. Call Theresa Marotta at (815) 877-1664 for more information or to make a donation. Monetary and food donations are always welcome.
For more information about Irish Fest or to volunteer to work at the fest, call Ed or Vicky Grondzki at (815) 985-1272 or the parish office at (815) 633-6311.
From the Sept. 15-21, 2010 issue