- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Sept. 19 Irish Fest benefits St. Bridget’s Cupboard
From press release
LOVES PARK, Ill.—St. Bridget’s Church is hosting its first Irish Fest from noon to 7 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 19, on the parish grounds at 600 Clifford Ave., Loves Park.
Proceeds from Irish Fest will benefit the church’s outreach program, focusing on the newly-opened food pantry, St. Bridget’s Cupboard, inside the parish center. Fest activities include food, rides and children’s games, Irish store, Irish tea room, entertainment, beer garden, bingo and raffle. Admission is free.
St. Bridget’s Cupboard serves the parish and local community. The pantry is open to all who are in need of food. Call Theresa Marotta at (815) 877-1664 for more information or to make a donation. Monetary and food donations are always welcome.
For more information about Irish Fest or to volunteer to work at the fest, call Ed or Vicky Grondzki at (815) 985-1272 or the parish office at (815) 633-6311.
From the Sept. 15-21, 2010 issue