- Forest-preserve sex sting nets 10
- Armed robbery reported at Machesney Park CVS
- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
Sept. 19 Irish Fest benefits St. Bridget’s Cupboard
From press release
LOVES PARK, Ill.—St. Bridget’s Church is hosting its first Irish Fest from noon to 7 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 19, on the parish grounds at 600 Clifford Ave., Loves Park.
Proceeds from Irish Fest will benefit the church’s outreach program, focusing on the newly-opened food pantry, St. Bridget’s Cupboard, inside the parish center. Fest activities include food, rides and children’s games, Irish store, Irish tea room, entertainment, beer garden, bingo and raffle. Admission is free.
St. Bridget’s Cupboard serves the parish and local community. The pantry is open to all who are in need of food. Call Theresa Marotta at (815) 877-1664 for more information or to make a donation. Monetary and food donations are always welcome.
For more information about Irish Fest or to volunteer to work at the fest, call Ed or Vicky Grondzki at (815) 985-1272 or the parish office at (815) 633-6311.
From the Sept. 15-21, 2010 issue