- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
Sept. 19 Irish Fest benefits St. Bridget’s Cupboard
From press release
LOVES PARK, Ill.—St. Bridget’s Church is hosting its first Irish Fest from noon to 7 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 19, on the parish grounds at 600 Clifford Ave., Loves Park.
Proceeds from Irish Fest will benefit the church’s outreach program, focusing on the newly-opened food pantry, St. Bridget’s Cupboard, inside the parish center. Fest activities include food, rides and children’s games, Irish store, Irish tea room, entertainment, beer garden, bingo and raffle. Admission is free.
St. Bridget’s Cupboard serves the parish and local community. The pantry is open to all who are in need of food. Call Theresa Marotta at (815) 877-1664 for more information or to make a donation. Monetary and food donations are always welcome.
For more information about Irish Fest or to volunteer to work at the fest, call Ed or Vicky Grondzki at (815) 985-1272 or the parish office at (815) 633-6311.
From the Sept. 15-21, 2010 issue