- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
Beloit Ribfest 2010 competition to benefit Beloit Regional Hospice
From press release
BELOIT, Wis.—Local and regional cooks, chefs and backyard aficionados are hustling to be a part of a premier food event to support Beloit Regional Hospice Sunday, Sept. 26, at The Rock on the River, 101 Maple Ave., Beloit, Wis.
Beloit Ribfest 2010, sponsored by Brian Mark Funeral Homes, The Beloit Daily News and The Rock, will be a family fun event starting at noon, until all the ribs are gone. Co-organizer Brian Mark has been a contestant in rib competitions for several years and wanted this to be an opportunity for the community to come together and have fun. He added with a smile, “I have the best ribs, and I’m here to prove it!”
Admission is free, but the purchase of a $5 ticket will provide you with a plate of three or four ribs, side fixings and a drink. More ribs can be purchased with additional $5 tickets. Prizes will be awarded for first, second and third places by the panel of celebrity judges, and other prizes will be awarded as well. All proceeds will benefit Beloit Regional Hospice. For more information, contact co-organizer Jason Vincent at (608) 364-9212.
Beloit Regional Hospice staff and volunteers are leaders in quality and compassion who seek to serve all who want and need their care. Through teamwork, they advocate for appropriate care while respecting the right of patients to choose their journey, and above all, hope is always embraced at the end of life. The nonprofit organization’s mission is “To help make each moment of remaining life as full and comfortable as possible” for terminally-ill individuals and their families in the counties of Boone, Green, Rock, Walworth and Winnebago. Visit their website at beloitregionalhospice.com.
From the Sept. 22-28, 2010 issue