- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Community news and notes: Week of Sept. 22-28, 2010
Best Western Clock Tower Resort and Conference Center recently named Matthew Mohr as their new marketing manager. Mohr will handle the marketing and public relations responsibilities for Clock Tower attractions including Best Western Hotel, CoCo Key Water Resort, and the Tilted Kilt Pub and Eatery. For the last four years, Mohr served as the marketing and sales manager and director of marketing and sales for the Rockford MetroCentre. Mohr has promoted and marketed concerts, family shows and sporting events, which included 20 different sold-out events and a record-setting $1 million in box office revenue for Walking with Dinosaurs the Live Experience. … United Way of Rock River Valley chose seven new board members at their July meeting. Initially, each board member serves a three-year term and may be elected to one additional successive term. Members oversee the organization’s financial affairs; participate in the organization’s management; and oversee the effective use of organizational resources. The new members include Craig Carlson, Bill Derry, Cedric Lewis, Pam Maher, Dan Parod, Jim Ryan and Andrea Ward. … Gary Kaatz, president/chief executive officer of Rockford Health System, is one of six Illinois health care leaders being honored at the Jonas Salk Health Leadership Awards luncheon Sept. 28. The men and women being honored have shown exemplary leadership in maternal and infant health in the areas of physician, nursing, research, health care management, and public and community health. Kaatz was recognized for health care management.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the Sept. 22-28, 2010 issue