- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Community news and notes: Week of Sept. 22-28, 2010
Best Western Clock Tower Resort and Conference Center recently named Matthew Mohr as their new marketing manager. Mohr will handle the marketing and public relations responsibilities for Clock Tower attractions including Best Western Hotel, CoCo Key Water Resort, and the Tilted Kilt Pub and Eatery. For the last four years, Mohr served as the marketing and sales manager and director of marketing and sales for the Rockford MetroCentre. Mohr has promoted and marketed concerts, family shows and sporting events, which included 20 different sold-out events and a record-setting $1 million in box office revenue for Walking with Dinosaurs the Live Experience. … United Way of Rock River Valley chose seven new board members at their July meeting. Initially, each board member serves a three-year term and may be elected to one additional successive term. Members oversee the organization’s financial affairs; participate in the organization’s management; and oversee the effective use of organizational resources. The new members include Craig Carlson, Bill Derry, Cedric Lewis, Pam Maher, Dan Parod, Jim Ryan and Andrea Ward. … Gary Kaatz, president/chief executive officer of Rockford Health System, is one of six Illinois health care leaders being honored at the Jonas Salk Health Leadership Awards luncheon Sept. 28. The men and women being honored have shown exemplary leadership in maternal and infant health in the areas of physician, nursing, research, health care management, and public and community health. Kaatz was recognized for health care management.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the Sept. 22-28, 2010 issue