- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
- ‘Hoo’ Haven hosts annual open house Nov. 2 in Durand
Four PAWS ReSale Boutique opens Sept. 24
From press release
PAWS Humane Society will open a thrift store called “Four PAWS ReSale Boutique Thrift Store” at 10 a.m., Friday, Sept. 24. The thrift store, 1414 N. Main St., will offer items such as clothing, household items, linens, electronics and furniture.
The store is almost 3,000 square feet full of items for sale, including the group’s famous “Diane’s Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits,” which will be an ongoing staple for sale. PAWS T-shirts and animal-related items will also be available for purchase.
Four PAWS ReSale is the group’s attempt to create an ongoing source of revenue for the programs it funds.
“We are on track to beat last year’s numbers for spay/neuters, and we need to step up our fund-raising to keep up with the demands of the community,” said PAWS Director Luan Dean. “Four PAWS will help us fund those much-needed services.”
Pets will be welcome at the Four PAWS ReSale store and, at some point, adoption services will be offered in that space.
“This is a multi-functional space for us, and we are optimistic the community will help us support it,” said PAWS Board President Cheryl Fluri.
Normal business hours will be 10 a.m.-7 p.m., Wednesday-Saturday. Those interested in volunteering are welcome to stop by the store or call (815) 962-PAWS (7297) for more information. The store can be found online at FourPAWSReSale.com. For more information about PAWS Humane Society, visit PAWSHS.org.
From the Sept. 22-28, 2010 issue