- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Four PAWS ReSale Boutique opens Sept. 24
From press release
PAWS Humane Society will open a thrift store called “Four PAWS ReSale Boutique Thrift Store” at 10 a.m., Friday, Sept. 24. The thrift store, 1414 N. Main St., will offer items such as clothing, household items, linens, electronics and furniture.
The store is almost 3,000 square feet full of items for sale, including the group’s famous “Diane’s Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits,” which will be an ongoing staple for sale. PAWS T-shirts and animal-related items will also be available for purchase.
Four PAWS ReSale is the group’s attempt to create an ongoing source of revenue for the programs it funds.
“We are on track to beat last year’s numbers for spay/neuters, and we need to step up our fund-raising to keep up with the demands of the community,” said PAWS Director Luan Dean. “Four PAWS will help us fund those much-needed services.”
Pets will be welcome at the Four PAWS ReSale store and, at some point, adoption services will be offered in that space.
“This is a multi-functional space for us, and we are optimistic the community will help us support it,” said PAWS Board President Cheryl Fluri.
Normal business hours will be 10 a.m.-7 p.m., Wednesday-Saturday. Those interested in volunteering are welcome to stop by the store or call (815) 962-PAWS (7297) for more information. The store can be found online at FourPAWSReSale.com. For more information about PAWS Humane Society, visit PAWSHS.org.
From the Sept. 22-28, 2010 issue