- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
Four PAWS ReSale Boutique opens Sept. 24
From press release
PAWS Humane Society will open a thrift store called “Four PAWS ReSale Boutique Thrift Store” at 10 a.m., Friday, Sept. 24. The thrift store, 1414 N. Main St., will offer items such as clothing, household items, linens, electronics and furniture.
The store is almost 3,000 square feet full of items for sale, including the group’s famous “Diane’s Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits,” which will be an ongoing staple for sale. PAWS T-shirts and animal-related items will also be available for purchase.
Four PAWS ReSale is the group’s attempt to create an ongoing source of revenue for the programs it funds.
“We are on track to beat last year’s numbers for spay/neuters, and we need to step up our fund-raising to keep up with the demands of the community,” said PAWS Director Luan Dean. “Four PAWS will help us fund those much-needed services.”
Pets will be welcome at the Four PAWS ReSale store and, at some point, adoption services will be offered in that space.
“This is a multi-functional space for us, and we are optimistic the community will help us support it,” said PAWS Board President Cheryl Fluri.
Normal business hours will be 10 a.m.-7 p.m., Wednesday-Saturday. Those interested in volunteering are welcome to stop by the store or call (815) 962-PAWS (7297) for more information. The store can be found online at FourPAWSReSale.com. For more information about PAWS Humane Society, visit PAWSHS.org.
From the Sept. 22-28, 2010 issue