- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
- Freshmen in Rockford schools beat state average in ‘on track’ to graduate
- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
Four PAWS ReSale Boutique opens Sept. 24
From press release
PAWS Humane Society will open a thrift store called “Four PAWS ReSale Boutique Thrift Store” at 10 a.m., Friday, Sept. 24. The thrift store, 1414 N. Main St., will offer items such as clothing, household items, linens, electronics and furniture.
The store is almost 3,000 square feet full of items for sale, including the group’s famous “Diane’s Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits,” which will be an ongoing staple for sale. PAWS T-shirts and animal-related items will also be available for purchase.
Four PAWS ReSale is the group’s attempt to create an ongoing source of revenue for the programs it funds.
“We are on track to beat last year’s numbers for spay/neuters, and we need to step up our fund-raising to keep up with the demands of the community,” said PAWS Director Luan Dean. “Four PAWS will help us fund those much-needed services.”
Pets will be welcome at the Four PAWS ReSale store and, at some point, adoption services will be offered in that space.
“This is a multi-functional space for us, and we are optimistic the community will help us support it,” said PAWS Board President Cheryl Fluri.
Normal business hours will be 10 a.m.-7 p.m., Wednesday-Saturday. Those interested in volunteering are welcome to stop by the store or call (815) 962-PAWS (7297) for more information. The store can be found online at FourPAWSReSale.com. For more information about PAWS Humane Society, visit PAWSHS.org.
From the Sept. 22-28, 2010 issue