- Dems pass ‘no strike, no lockout’ measure
- Omnibus police reform bill passes House
- Senate refuses Rauner on lawsuits, property taxes
- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
Retraction and affirmation
By Marge Bevers
Former River District Board Member
I would like to retract one assertion included in my open letter distributed at the River District special meeting and reprinted with permission in last week’s issue of The Rock River Times. The assertion was that “a Board member loaned the organization money to cover bills (later reimbursed).” This statement proved to be “an urban legend,” challenged by the one person most in the position to know: Kim Wheeler!
I regret this misstatement in my comments and will take greater care to double check assertions of fact in the future.
Having said that, I am not dissuaded from the basic premise of my comments.
From the Sept. 22-28, 2010 issue