- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Retraction and affirmation
By Marge Bevers
Former River District Board Member
I would like to retract one assertion included in my open letter distributed at the River District special meeting and reprinted with permission in last week’s issue of The Rock River Times. The assertion was that “a Board member loaned the organization money to cover bills (later reimbursed).” This statement proved to be “an urban legend,” challenged by the one person most in the position to know: Kim Wheeler!
I regret this misstatement in my comments and will take greater care to double check assertions of fact in the future.
Having said that, I am not dissuaded from the basic premise of my comments.
From the Sept. 22-28, 2010 issue