- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Retraction and affirmation
By Marge Bevers
Former River District Board Member
I would like to retract one assertion included in my open letter distributed at the River District special meeting and reprinted with permission in last week’s issue of The Rock River Times. The assertion was that “a Board member loaned the organization money to cover bills (later reimbursed).” This statement proved to be “an urban legend,” challenged by the one person most in the position to know: Kim Wheeler!
I regret this misstatement in my comments and will take greater care to double check assertions of fact in the future.
Having said that, I am not dissuaded from the basic premise of my comments.
From the Sept. 22-28, 2010 issue