- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Rockford artists among Greenwich Village winners
From press release
Exhibiting artists were judged by category Saturday, Sept. 18, at the 2010 Rockford Art Museum (RAM) Greenwich Village Art Fair by juror Nina Weiss of Highland Park, Ill., an instructor at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, Columbia College Chicago and Evanston Art Center. Winners were announced Sunday, Sept. 19, in the following categories:
Best of Show, $1,000—Betsy Youngquist, Rockford
Best 3-D Functional, $500—Paul Eshelman, Elizabeth, Ill.
3-D Non-Functional, $500—Thomas Wargin, Menomonee Falls, Wis.
2-D, $500—Scott Westgard, Buffalo Grove, Ill.
Jewelry, $500—Debra Dembowski, Pewaukee, Wis.
Painting, $500—H. Dean Willis, West Dundee, Ill.
Photography, $500—Bill Lemke, Waukesha, Wis.
Honorable Mention, five awards, $100 each—Salem Barker, Rockford; Keith Grace, Rockford; Christine Simpson-Forni, Chicago; Ken Webster, Algonquin, Ill.; and Adriana Villagomez, Rockford.
More than 120 artists from across the nation exhibited at this year’s Greenwich Village Art Fair. Types of artwork represented included paintings, prints and drawings, sculpture, glass, ceramics, textiles, jewelry, photography and more.
From the Sept. 22-28, 2010 issue