- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
Rockford artists among Greenwich Village winners
From press release
Exhibiting artists were judged by category Saturday, Sept. 18, at the 2010 Rockford Art Museum (RAM) Greenwich Village Art Fair by juror Nina Weiss of Highland Park, Ill., an instructor at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, Columbia College Chicago and Evanston Art Center. Winners were announced Sunday, Sept. 19, in the following categories:
Best of Show, $1,000—Betsy Youngquist, Rockford
Best 3-D Functional, $500—Paul Eshelman, Elizabeth, Ill.
3-D Non-Functional, $500—Thomas Wargin, Menomonee Falls, Wis.
2-D, $500—Scott Westgard, Buffalo Grove, Ill.
Jewelry, $500—Debra Dembowski, Pewaukee, Wis.
Painting, $500—H. Dean Willis, West Dundee, Ill.
Photography, $500—Bill Lemke, Waukesha, Wis.
Honorable Mention, five awards, $100 each—Salem Barker, Rockford; Keith Grace, Rockford; Christine Simpson-Forni, Chicago; Ken Webster, Algonquin, Ill.; and Adriana Villagomez, Rockford.
More than 120 artists from across the nation exhibited at this year’s Greenwich Village Art Fair. Types of artwork represented included paintings, prints and drawings, sculpture, glass, ceramics, textiles, jewelry, photography and more.
From the Sept. 22-28, 2010 issue