- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
- FIFA officials arrested, extradition to US on the cards
- TRRT Online Edition | May 27-June 2
Rockford artists among Greenwich Village winners
From press release
Exhibiting artists were judged by category Saturday, Sept. 18, at the 2010 Rockford Art Museum (RAM) Greenwich Village Art Fair by juror Nina Weiss of Highland Park, Ill., an instructor at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, Columbia College Chicago and Evanston Art Center. Winners were announced Sunday, Sept. 19, in the following categories:
Best of Show, $1,000—Betsy Youngquist, Rockford
Best 3-D Functional, $500—Paul Eshelman, Elizabeth, Ill.
3-D Non-Functional, $500—Thomas Wargin, Menomonee Falls, Wis.
2-D, $500—Scott Westgard, Buffalo Grove, Ill.
Jewelry, $500—Debra Dembowski, Pewaukee, Wis.
Painting, $500—H. Dean Willis, West Dundee, Ill.
Photography, $500—Bill Lemke, Waukesha, Wis.
Honorable Mention, five awards, $100 each—Salem Barker, Rockford; Keith Grace, Rockford; Christine Simpson-Forni, Chicago; Ken Webster, Algonquin, Ill.; and Adriana Villagomez, Rockford.
More than 120 artists from across the nation exhibited at this year’s Greenwich Village Art Fair. Types of artwork represented included paintings, prints and drawings, sculpture, glass, ceramics, textiles, jewelry, photography and more.
From the Sept. 22-28, 2010 issue