- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
- Tube Talk: A bite out of the competition
- Rockford Rocked: A chat with local musician Tony Walker
- Drafts & Fare: Women brewers find more recognition in market
To the Editor: Her experience at school was positive
In reference to an earlier letter, we had an entirely different experience. My husband and I volunteered at Flinn Middle School at the Reality Store this year for the third year. The kids were polite and friendly. We didn’t hear any bad language or see anyone grabbing their crotch. The students seemed well prepared by their teachers. We enjoyed the experience and will volunteer again next year.
From the Sept. 22-28, 2010 issue