- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
U of I Extension Openfields Local Foods Dinner Sept. 27
From press release
University of Illinois Extension-Winnebago County will host a Local Foods Dinner at 6:30 p.m., Monday, Sept. 27, at Social Urban Bar and Restaurant, 509 E. State St., Rockford. The meal will be created with locally-grown food from farms in Winnebago County and the surrounding area. Owner and chef Paul Sletten, and head chef Bob McCarty, are highly regarded for their attention to detail and creativity. Social Urban is well known for their menu, which is crafted around local food and served up with retro flair in an intimate setting of communal seating.
Cost is $55 per person. To make a reservation, visit www.extension.illinois.edu/winnebago or call (815) 986-4357.
From the Sept. 22-28, 2010 issue