- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
U of I Extension Openfields Local Foods Dinner Sept. 27
From press release
University of Illinois Extension-Winnebago County will host a Local Foods Dinner at 6:30 p.m., Monday, Sept. 27, at Social Urban Bar and Restaurant, 509 E. State St., Rockford. The meal will be created with locally-grown food from farms in Winnebago County and the surrounding area. Owner and chef Paul Sletten, and head chef Bob McCarty, are highly regarded for their attention to detail and creativity. Social Urban is well known for their menu, which is crafted around local food and served up with retro flair in an intimate setting of communal seating.
Cost is $55 per person. To make a reservation, visit www.extension.illinois.edu/winnebago or call (815) 986-4357.
From the Sept. 22-28, 2010 issue