- Man gets natural life in prison for September 2011 murder
- Meet John Doe: Remember the crew of the space shuttle ‘Challenger’
- Tech-Friendly: Update your Adobe Flash Player today
- Tales from the Trough: Rockford skates into all-star break on high note
- Literary Hook: A poem for February
- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
U of I Extension Openfields Local Foods Dinner Sept. 27
From press release
University of Illinois Extension-Winnebago County will host a Local Foods Dinner at 6:30 p.m., Monday, Sept. 27, at Social Urban Bar and Restaurant, 509 E. State St., Rockford. The meal will be created with locally-grown food from farms in Winnebago County and the surrounding area. Owner and chef Paul Sletten, and head chef Bob McCarty, are highly regarded for their attention to detail and creativity. Social Urban is well known for their menu, which is crafted around local food and served up with retro flair in an intimate setting of communal seating.
Cost is $55 per person. To make a reservation, visit www.extension.illinois.edu/winnebago or call (815) 986-4357.
From the Sept. 22-28, 2010 issue