- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
U of I Extension Openfields Local Foods Dinner Sept. 27
From press release
University of Illinois Extension-Winnebago County will host a Local Foods Dinner at 6:30 p.m., Monday, Sept. 27, at Social Urban Bar and Restaurant, 509 E. State St., Rockford. The meal will be created with locally-grown food from farms in Winnebago County and the surrounding area. Owner and chef Paul Sletten, and head chef Bob McCarty, are highly regarded for their attention to detail and creativity. Social Urban is well known for their menu, which is crafted around local food and served up with retro flair in an intimate setting of communal seating.
Cost is $55 per person. To make a reservation, visit www.extension.illinois.edu/winnebago or call (815) 986-4357.
From the Sept. 22-28, 2010 issue