- Tech-Friendly: Get the LG G Flex 2 and other big smartphones at U.S. Cellular
- State Roundup: Unfunded pension liability greater impact than fluctuating revenue
- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
U of I Extension Openfields Local Foods Dinner Sept. 27
From press release
University of Illinois Extension-Winnebago County will host a Local Foods Dinner at 6:30 p.m., Monday, Sept. 27, at Social Urban Bar and Restaurant, 509 E. State St., Rockford. The meal will be created with locally-grown food from farms in Winnebago County and the surrounding area. Owner and chef Paul Sletten, and head chef Bob McCarty, are highly regarded for their attention to detail and creativity. Social Urban is well known for their menu, which is crafted around local food and served up with retro flair in an intimate setting of communal seating.
Cost is $55 per person. To make a reservation, visit www.extension.illinois.edu/winnebago or call (815) 986-4357.
From the Sept. 22-28, 2010 issue