- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
- RAMP receives $10,000 grant for youth services
- Obamacare victory shows failure of Scalia’s conservative revolution
- City Market: June 26
Venetian Club Car and Motorcycle Show Sept. 26
From press release
The annual Venetian Club Car and Motorcycle Show will be from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 26, at the Venetian Club in Rockford at 2180 Elmwood Road.
This family-friendly event is free and open to the general public.
Registration will be from 8 a.m. to noon. Balloting will take place from noon to 1 p.m. All vehicles are welcome. Trophies will be provided.
A $10 registration fee is required for cars or motorcycles. Swap Meet and Car Corral spaces are available for $15 each, or $20 for both Swap Meet and Car Corral spaces.
For more information about spaces and obtaining entry forms, call Tom Ricotta Jr. at (815) 742-1441 or Tom Ricotta Sr. at (815) 494-1427. Entry forms also are available at the Venetian Club and online at www.cadwellproductions.com/Venetian_Club_Car_Show_Flyer_2010.pdf .
Some of the entry and winning categories include Best of Show; Best AMC, Ford, GM, Mopar, Studebaker, Classic, Corvette, Sports Car, Rat Rod and Motorcycle; and Committee Choice Awards.
All proceeds will benefit the Venetian Club, a Rockford-based club and banquet facility.
Music will be provided by RPM’s Sound Company. Food and beverages will be available from the Venetian Club.
The event will take place rain or shine. For more information about the event, contact Jack Cadwell at (815) 494-0018, Tom Ricotta Sr. at (815) 494-1427 or Tom Clendening at (815) 387-7909.
From the Sept. 22-28, 2010 issue