- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
Venetian Club Car and Motorcycle Show Sept. 26
From press release
The annual Venetian Club Car and Motorcycle Show will be from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 26, at the Venetian Club in Rockford at 2180 Elmwood Road.
This family-friendly event is free and open to the general public.
Registration will be from 8 a.m. to noon. Balloting will take place from noon to 1 p.m. All vehicles are welcome. Trophies will be provided.
A $10 registration fee is required for cars or motorcycles. Swap Meet and Car Corral spaces are available for $15 each, or $20 for both Swap Meet and Car Corral spaces.
For more information about spaces and obtaining entry forms, call Tom Ricotta Jr. at (815) 742-1441 or Tom Ricotta Sr. at (815) 494-1427. Entry forms also are available at the Venetian Club and online at www.cadwellproductions.com/Venetian_Club_Car_Show_Flyer_2010.pdf .
Some of the entry and winning categories include Best of Show; Best AMC, Ford, GM, Mopar, Studebaker, Classic, Corvette, Sports Car, Rat Rod and Motorcycle; and Committee Choice Awards.
All proceeds will benefit the Venetian Club, a Rockford-based club and banquet facility.
Music will be provided by RPM’s Sound Company. Food and beverages will be available from the Venetian Club.
The event will take place rain or shine. For more information about the event, contact Jack Cadwell at (815) 494-0018, Tom Ricotta Sr. at (815) 494-1427 or Tom Clendening at (815) 387-7909.
From the Sept. 22-28, 2010 issue