- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
- ‘Hogs fall just shy of Midwest title
- Fork and Stein Urban Gourmet delivers beer infused delicacies to Rockford
Venetian Club Car and Motorcycle Show Sept. 26
From press release
The annual Venetian Club Car and Motorcycle Show will be from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 26, at the Venetian Club in Rockford at 2180 Elmwood Road.
This family-friendly event is free and open to the general public.
Registration will be from 8 a.m. to noon. Balloting will take place from noon to 1 p.m. All vehicles are welcome. Trophies will be provided.
A $10 registration fee is required for cars or motorcycles. Swap Meet and Car Corral spaces are available for $15 each, or $20 for both Swap Meet and Car Corral spaces.
For more information about spaces and obtaining entry forms, call Tom Ricotta Jr. at (815) 742-1441 or Tom Ricotta Sr. at (815) 494-1427. Entry forms also are available at the Venetian Club and online at www.cadwellproductions.com/Venetian_Club_Car_Show_Flyer_2010.pdf .
Some of the entry and winning categories include Best of Show; Best AMC, Ford, GM, Mopar, Studebaker, Classic, Corvette, Sports Car, Rat Rod and Motorcycle; and Committee Choice Awards.
All proceeds will benefit the Venetian Club, a Rockford-based club and banquet facility.
Music will be provided by RPM’s Sound Company. Food and beverages will be available from the Venetian Club.
The event will take place rain or shine. For more information about the event, contact Jack Cadwell at (815) 494-0018, Tom Ricotta Sr. at (815) 494-1427 or Tom Clendening at (815) 387-7909.
From the Sept. 22-28, 2010 issue