- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Venetian Club Car and Motorcycle Show Sept. 26
From press release
The annual Venetian Club Car and Motorcycle Show will be from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 26, at the Venetian Club in Rockford at 2180 Elmwood Road.
This family-friendly event is free and open to the general public.
Registration will be from 8 a.m. to noon. Balloting will take place from noon to 1 p.m. All vehicles are welcome. Trophies will be provided.
A $10 registration fee is required for cars or motorcycles. Swap Meet and Car Corral spaces are available for $15 each, or $20 for both Swap Meet and Car Corral spaces.
For more information about spaces and obtaining entry forms, call Tom Ricotta Jr. at (815) 742-1441 or Tom Ricotta Sr. at (815) 494-1427. Entry forms also are available at the Venetian Club and online at www.cadwellproductions.com/Venetian_Club_Car_Show_Flyer_2010.pdf .
Some of the entry and winning categories include Best of Show; Best AMC, Ford, GM, Mopar, Studebaker, Classic, Corvette, Sports Car, Rat Rod and Motorcycle; and Committee Choice Awards.
All proceeds will benefit the Venetian Club, a Rockford-based club and banquet facility.
Music will be provided by RPM’s Sound Company. Food and beverages will be available from the Venetian Club.
The event will take place rain or shine. For more information about the event, contact Jack Cadwell at (815) 494-0018, Tom Ricotta Sr. at (815) 494-1427 or Tom Clendening at (815) 387-7909.
From the Sept. 22-28, 2010 issue