- EarthTalk: Still in denial about climate
- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
Candidate forum Oct. 5 at Christ UMC
From press release
A candidate forum for state representative and state senatorial offices will be from 6:30-8:30 p.m., Tuesday, Oct. 5, at Christ United Methodist Church, Highcrest and Alpine roads. Moderator will be Steve Stadelman of WTVO.
Candidates for state senator, 34th District, are Sen. Dave Syverson (R) and Marla Wilson (D). Candidates for state representative, 67th District, are Rep. Dave Winters (R), Tony Viren (D) and Gerry Woods (Green). Candidates for state representative, 69th District, are Daniel (Dan) Lindsey (Green), Ray Pendzinski (D) and Joe Sosnowski (R).
The program will begin promptly at 6:30 p.m. Time limits will be set for introductions, questions and answers, and rebuttal. The audience may submit questions on handwritten cards before the program.
The forum is sponsored by American Association of University Women (AAUW), Rockford Area Branch; League of Women Voters of Greater Rockford (LWV); and Winnebago County Retired Teachers Association (WCRTA).
From the Sept. 29-Oct. 5, 2010 issue