- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Candidate forum Oct. 5 at Christ UMC
From press release
A candidate forum for state representative and state senatorial offices will be from 6:30-8:30 p.m., Tuesday, Oct. 5, at Christ United Methodist Church, Highcrest and Alpine roads. Moderator will be Steve Stadelman of WTVO.
Candidates for state senator, 34th District, are Sen. Dave Syverson (R) and Marla Wilson (D). Candidates for state representative, 67th District, are Rep. Dave Winters (R), Tony Viren (D) and Gerry Woods (Green). Candidates for state representative, 69th District, are Daniel (Dan) Lindsey (Green), Ray Pendzinski (D) and Joe Sosnowski (R).
The program will begin promptly at 6:30 p.m. Time limits will be set for introductions, questions and answers, and rebuttal. The audience may submit questions on handwritten cards before the program.
The forum is sponsored by American Association of University Women (AAUW), Rockford Area Branch; League of Women Voters of Greater Rockford (LWV); and Winnebago County Retired Teachers Association (WCRTA).
From the Sept. 29-Oct. 5, 2010 issue