- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Candidate forum Oct. 5 at Christ UMC
From press release
A candidate forum for state representative and state senatorial offices will be from 6:30-8:30 p.m., Tuesday, Oct. 5, at Christ United Methodist Church, Highcrest and Alpine roads. Moderator will be Steve Stadelman of WTVO.
Candidates for state senator, 34th District, are Sen. Dave Syverson (R) and Marla Wilson (D). Candidates for state representative, 67th District, are Rep. Dave Winters (R), Tony Viren (D) and Gerry Woods (Green). Candidates for state representative, 69th District, are Daniel (Dan) Lindsey (Green), Ray Pendzinski (D) and Joe Sosnowski (R).
The program will begin promptly at 6:30 p.m. Time limits will be set for introductions, questions and answers, and rebuttal. The audience may submit questions on handwritten cards before the program.
The forum is sponsored by American Association of University Women (AAUW), Rockford Area Branch; League of Women Voters of Greater Rockford (LWV); and Winnebago County Retired Teachers Association (WCRTA).
From the Sept. 29-Oct. 5, 2010 issue