- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
Candidate forum Oct. 5 at Christ UMC
From press release
A candidate forum for state representative and state senatorial offices will be from 6:30-8:30 p.m., Tuesday, Oct. 5, at Christ United Methodist Church, Highcrest and Alpine roads. Moderator will be Steve Stadelman of WTVO.
Candidates for state senator, 34th District, are Sen. Dave Syverson (R) and Marla Wilson (D). Candidates for state representative, 67th District, are Rep. Dave Winters (R), Tony Viren (D) and Gerry Woods (Green). Candidates for state representative, 69th District, are Daniel (Dan) Lindsey (Green), Ray Pendzinski (D) and Joe Sosnowski (R).
The program will begin promptly at 6:30 p.m. Time limits will be set for introductions, questions and answers, and rebuttal. The audience may submit questions on handwritten cards before the program.
The forum is sponsored by American Association of University Women (AAUW), Rockford Area Branch; League of Women Voters of Greater Rockford (LWV); and Winnebago County Retired Teachers Association (WCRTA).
From the Sept. 29-Oct. 5, 2010 issue