- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
- Final City Market of the season Friday, Oct. 17
- Lee Hamilton: Viewing political corruption more broadly
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 19 for 69th presentation of Handel’s ‘Messiah’
- Amenti Haunted House opens Oct. 17 at DeKalb’s Egyptian Theatre
‘Grossology’ exhibit opens Oct. 2
From press release
In its first traveling exhibit, “Grossology” will open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 2, in the new Woodward Hall joining Burpee Museum and the Discovery Center.
Based on the best-selling book GROSSOLOGY, this exhibition explores the gross secrets of the human body.
Glide down the GI slide, take a tour inside the human nose, climb a wall of skin, perform surgery on a patient and much more yucky stuff that kids love.
Admission is $7 per person to both Burpee Museum and the Discovery Center, or $5 per person for just the “Grossology” exhibit.
Other admission rates are: $4 per person for groups of 10 or more with advance reservations; $3 per person for members of either Burpee Museum or Discovery Center; $15 per person for the Super Ticket for admission to both museums and the “Grossology” exhibit.
From the Sept. 29-Oct. 5, 2010 issue