- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
‘Grossology’ exhibit opens Oct. 2
From press release
In its first traveling exhibit, “Grossology” will open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 2, in the new Woodward Hall joining Burpee Museum and the Discovery Center.
Based on the best-selling book GROSSOLOGY, this exhibition explores the gross secrets of the human body.
Glide down the GI slide, take a tour inside the human nose, climb a wall of skin, perform surgery on a patient and much more yucky stuff that kids love.
Admission is $7 per person to both Burpee Museum and the Discovery Center, or $5 per person for just the “Grossology” exhibit.
Other admission rates are: $4 per person for groups of 10 or more with advance reservations; $3 per person for members of either Burpee Museum or Discovery Center; $15 per person for the Super Ticket for admission to both museums and the “Grossology” exhibit.
From the Sept. 29-Oct. 5, 2010 issue