- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Retain County Clerk Margie Mullins
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Re-elect Jesse White
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Elect Sheila Simons as state comptroller
- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
‘Grossology’ exhibit opens Oct. 2
From press release
In its first traveling exhibit, “Grossology” will open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 2, in the new Woodward Hall joining Burpee Museum and the Discovery Center.
Based on the best-selling book GROSSOLOGY, this exhibition explores the gross secrets of the human body.
Glide down the GI slide, take a tour inside the human nose, climb a wall of skin, perform surgery on a patient and much more yucky stuff that kids love.
Admission is $7 per person to both Burpee Museum and the Discovery Center, or $5 per person for just the “Grossology” exhibit.
Other admission rates are: $4 per person for groups of 10 or more with advance reservations; $3 per person for members of either Burpee Museum or Discovery Center; $15 per person for the Super Ticket for admission to both museums and the “Grossology” exhibit.
From the Sept. 29-Oct. 5, 2010 issue