- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
- FIFA officials arrested, extradition to US on the cards
- TRRT Online Edition | May 27-June 2
Oct. 2 Solar Tour features Freedom Field
From press release
The Illinois Renewable Energy Association (IREA) has been involved with many interesting programs. Perhaps one of the most unique and significant is Freedom Field in Winnebago County.
The project, located in the Water Reclamation District’s complex, has installed a variety of renewable energy systems, including photovoltaics, two types of wind generators, solar heating and nearly unbelievable solar hot water air conditioning. All are computer connected for instant readout.
Recently, it installed a feature that differs from the others: a green roof. While the other systems are high-tech, focusing on energy production, the green roof focuses on energy saving.
This forward-looking program, which integrates advanced technologies, will be featured during the Oct. 2 Tour of Solar Places. Visit it at 3333 Kishwaukee Road, Building 9, Rockford, between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m., to see firsthand some renewable energy technologies that are ready for use now.
From the Sept. 29-Oct. 5, 2010 issue