- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
Oct. 2 Solar Tour features Freedom Field
From press release
The Illinois Renewable Energy Association (IREA) has been involved with many interesting programs. Perhaps one of the most unique and significant is Freedom Field in Winnebago County.
The project, located in the Water Reclamation District’s complex, has installed a variety of renewable energy systems, including photovoltaics, two types of wind generators, solar heating and nearly unbelievable solar hot water air conditioning. All are computer connected for instant readout.
Recently, it installed a feature that differs from the others: a green roof. While the other systems are high-tech, focusing on energy production, the green roof focuses on energy saving.
This forward-looking program, which integrates advanced technologies, will be featured during the Oct. 2 Tour of Solar Places. Visit it at 3333 Kishwaukee Road, Building 9, Rockford, between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m., to see firsthand some renewable energy technologies that are ready for use now.
From the Sept. 29-Oct. 5, 2010 issue