- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Plant the seeds of hope to fight breast cancer Oct. 4
From press release
SwedishAmerican Center for Women invites you to a free Breast Cancer Awareness Program Monday, Oct. 4, at Giovanni’s, 610 N. Bell School Road. Arrive at 5:30 p.m. to register and browse the health care exhibits.
Special guest speaker will be Dr. Lee Gravatt Wilke, director, University of Wisconsin Breast Cancer Center and associate professor of surgery. He will speak about “Breast Cancer: On the Cutting Edge.”
Also, Kathi Bouland, RN, BHN, will discuss her role as the SwedishAmerican Center for Women’s breast health navigator. Dr. Landon Pryor, plastic surgeon, will discuss the Breast Oasis Program, and Dawna Menke, administrator, SwedishAmerican Medical Center/Belvidere, will present “Hair Today—Gone Tomorrow,” her personal story about fighting breast cancer. The guest speaker and expert panel will answer questions about the latest innovations in breast health care. In addition to Drs. Wilke and Pryor, the panel includes Dr. William Edwards, oncologist; Dr. Eric Causay, radiologist; Dr. Prakash Pedepati, radiation oncologist; and Dr. Frederick Church, surgeon.
Everyone who attends will receive a gift as well as a certificate for $25 off a digital mammogram at the SwedishAmerican Center for Women or SwedishAmerican Medical Center/Belvidere. Light refreshments will also be served, and door prizes will be awarded.
To register for this free program, log on to www.swedishamerican.org or call HealthConnect at (815) 968-2500.
From the Sept. 29-Oct. 5, 2010 issue