- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
River District to hold meeting on existence
From press release
The River District Association will hold a membership meeting from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., Tuesday, Oct. 5, in the auditorium of the Rockford Public Library’s main branch at 200 N. Wyman St.
This meeting will discuss options for the River District future, since it dismissed the association’s Executive Director Kim Wheeler-Johnsen and her assistant, Diane Tope, and cancelled at the organization’s events as a result of a financial crisis.
From the Sept. 29-Oct. 5, 2010 issue