- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
- ‘Hogs fall just shy of Midwest title
- Fork and Stein Urban Gourmet delivers beer infused delicacies to Rockford
To the Editor: A nation divided and without God
When the G. W. Bush administration was running this country (2001-2008), the Democrats were complaining about those Republicans who were in office. But now that a Democrat got elected (Barack Obama in 2008), the shoe is upon the wrong foot, according to the Republicans. Soon, in 2012, Sarah Palin (R) will be champing on the horse’s bit. But this battle of wits between the Democrats and Republicans must stop, before there is no free nation at all. We Americans dare to call ourselves humanity. And are we (in general) the humane ones? Not really, because there are some who are willing to stab their political opponents. And where does this dissension get us? Nowhere! Because, while we have been fighting a lost cause during this Middle Eastern war, both political parties have forgotten one important factor—and that’s the leadership of our God, who is the author of everything!
Philip J. Wilson
From the Sept. 29-Oct. 5, 2010 issue