- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Community news and notes: Week of Oct. 6-12, 2010
Kelly Brausseur was recently picked to fill the new position of Community Nutrition Center director for Northern Illinois Food Bank (NIFB). Brasseur will develop the Food Bank’s Community Nutrition Program, which will be housed in NIFB’s new facility, currently being constructed in Geneva, Ill. In her new position, Brasseur will also expand the Food Bank’s efforts to influence healthy food choices through existing participation in several county initiatives as well as participating in new initiatives that may arise. … Newly-elected Workforce Investment Board officers recently started their terms. New board officers include Paul Callighan of Commonwealth Edison, chairman for the next two years; Elton Turner of General Mills, vice chairman; John Oller of Midwest Aero, secretary-treasurer; and Karen Brown of OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center, director at large. … Sheila Sigley was named September Employee of the Month at Landstar System, Inc.’s Rockford service center. Sigley is a supervisor in the BCO Services Department. She was nominated for her upbeat attitude, innovative work ideas and the passion she brings to her job.
From the Oct. 6-12, 2010 issue