- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Community news and notes: Week of Oct. 6-12, 2010
Kelly Brausseur was recently picked to fill the new position of Community Nutrition Center director for Northern Illinois Food Bank (NIFB). Brasseur will develop the Food Bank’s Community Nutrition Program, which will be housed in NIFB’s new facility, currently being constructed in Geneva, Ill. In her new position, Brasseur will also expand the Food Bank’s efforts to influence healthy food choices through existing participation in several county initiatives as well as participating in new initiatives that may arise. … Newly-elected Workforce Investment Board officers recently started their terms. New board officers include Paul Callighan of Commonwealth Edison, chairman for the next two years; Elton Turner of General Mills, vice chairman; John Oller of Midwest Aero, secretary-treasurer; and Karen Brown of OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center, director at large. … Sheila Sigley was named September Employee of the Month at Landstar System, Inc.’s Rockford service center. Sigley is a supervisor in the BCO Services Department. She was nominated for her upbeat attitude, innovative work ideas and the passion she brings to her job.
From the Oct. 6-12, 2010 issue