- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
Community news and notes: Week of Oct. 6-12, 2010
Kelly Brausseur was recently picked to fill the new position of Community Nutrition Center director for Northern Illinois Food Bank (NIFB). Brasseur will develop the Food Bank’s Community Nutrition Program, which will be housed in NIFB’s new facility, currently being constructed in Geneva, Ill. In her new position, Brasseur will also expand the Food Bank’s efforts to influence healthy food choices through existing participation in several county initiatives as well as participating in new initiatives that may arise. … Newly-elected Workforce Investment Board officers recently started their terms. New board officers include Paul Callighan of Commonwealth Edison, chairman for the next two years; Elton Turner of General Mills, vice chairman; John Oller of Midwest Aero, secretary-treasurer; and Karen Brown of OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center, director at large. … Sheila Sigley was named September Employee of the Month at Landstar System, Inc.’s Rockford service center. Sigley is a supervisor in the BCO Services Department. She was nominated for her upbeat attitude, innovative work ideas and the passion she brings to her job.
From the Oct. 6-12, 2010 issue