- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Community news and notes: Week of Oct. 6-12, 2010
Kelly Brausseur was recently picked to fill the new position of Community Nutrition Center director for Northern Illinois Food Bank (NIFB). Brasseur will develop the Food Bank’s Community Nutrition Program, which will be housed in NIFB’s new facility, currently being constructed in Geneva, Ill. In her new position, Brasseur will also expand the Food Bank’s efforts to influence healthy food choices through existing participation in several county initiatives as well as participating in new initiatives that may arise. … Newly-elected Workforce Investment Board officers recently started their terms. New board officers include Paul Callighan of Commonwealth Edison, chairman for the next two years; Elton Turner of General Mills, vice chairman; John Oller of Midwest Aero, secretary-treasurer; and Karen Brown of OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center, director at large. … Sheila Sigley was named September Employee of the Month at Landstar System, Inc.’s Rockford service center. Sigley is a supervisor in the BCO Services Department. She was nominated for her upbeat attitude, innovative work ideas and the passion she brings to her job.
From the Oct. 6-12, 2010 issue