- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
- ‘Hogs fall just shy of Midwest title
- Fork and Stein Urban Gourmet delivers beer infused delicacies to Rockford
Fall ArtScene showcases area artists, galleries
Fall ArtScene Oct. 1-2 showcased original works of art at 40 different locations across Rockford area. Pictured above left, ArtScene attendees view works of art from area high school students at Prairie Street Brewhouse, 200 Prairie St. Above right, ArtScene-goers peruse a mix of odd treasures, recycled art, photography, paintings, textiles, body art and linoleum cut prints at Swank Boutique & Gonzales, 218-1/2 E. State St. Featured artists at Swank included Bill Dorn, Groovy Again/Jackie Gonzales, Roxxi Recycles/Rose Havens, Valeria Lemen, Cara Martin, Ericka Moore, Dan Moorman, Craig Samuelson, Michael Smuck, Joseph Tallman, Meg Turley, Tom Valiulis and Susannah Wilson. ArtScene attracts 10,000 people each year.