- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Fall ArtScene showcases area artists, galleries
Fall ArtScene Oct. 1-2 showcased original works of art at 40 different locations across Rockford area. Pictured above left, ArtScene attendees view works of art from area high school students at Prairie Street Brewhouse, 200 Prairie St. Above right, ArtScene-goers peruse a mix of odd treasures, recycled art, photography, paintings, textiles, body art and linoleum cut prints at Swank Boutique & Gonzales, 218-1/2 E. State St. Featured artists at Swank included Bill Dorn, Groovy Again/Jackie Gonzales, Roxxi Recycles/Rose Havens, Valeria Lemen, Cara Martin, Ericka Moore, Dan Moorman, Craig Samuelson, Michael Smuck, Joseph Tallman, Meg Turley, Tom Valiulis and Susannah Wilson. ArtScene attracts 10,000 people each year.