- Two adults, two kids dead in Dec. 20 Rockford shooting
- Teen in custody following shooting on Crestview
- Man sentenced to 38 years for May 2008 murder
- EarthTalk: Still in denial about climate
- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
Fall ArtScene showcases area artists, galleries
Fall ArtScene Oct. 1-2 showcased original works of art at 40 different locations across Rockford area. Pictured above left, ArtScene attendees view works of art from area high school students at Prairie Street Brewhouse, 200 Prairie St. Above right, ArtScene-goers peruse a mix of odd treasures, recycled art, photography, paintings, textiles, body art and linoleum cut prints at Swank Boutique & Gonzales, 218-1/2 E. State St. Featured artists at Swank included Bill Dorn, Groovy Again/Jackie Gonzales, Roxxi Recycles/Rose Havens, Valeria Lemen, Cara Martin, Ericka Moore, Dan Moorman, Craig Samuelson, Michael Smuck, Joseph Tallman, Meg Turley, Tom Valiulis and Susannah Wilson. ArtScene attracts 10,000 people each year.