- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
- TRRT Online Edition | July 29-August 4
- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
- AFSCME, Rauner administration still at odds
- Through the brewing class
- AFSCME: Governor trying to force work stoppage
- What’s to negotiate? Illinois GOP, Dems can’t agree on topic
Fall ArtScene showcases area artists, galleries
Fall ArtScene Oct. 1-2 showcased original works of art at 40 different locations across Rockford area. Pictured above left, ArtScene attendees view works of art from area high school students at Prairie Street Brewhouse, 200 Prairie St. Above right, ArtScene-goers peruse a mix of odd treasures, recycled art, photography, paintings, textiles, body art and linoleum cut prints at Swank Boutique & Gonzales, 218-1/2 E. State St. Featured artists at Swank included Bill Dorn, Groovy Again/Jackie Gonzales, Roxxi Recycles/Rose Havens, Valeria Lemen, Cara Martin, Ericka Moore, Dan Moorman, Craig Samuelson, Michael Smuck, Joseph Tallman, Meg Turley, Tom Valiulis and Susannah Wilson. ArtScene attracts 10,000 people each year.